Monday, January 4, 2010

Time for change

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year, and are ready for a great 2010.  I just wanted to give you a little update on what my 2010 is going to look like, photography-wise.  As most of you know, I have decided to take January through March off this year to spend some time with my family and really just regroup.  Sometimes the Lord just wants us to rest, and I look forward to this special time with my family.  I still absolutely love photography and the artistic freedom it provides, but last year my priorities got a little backwards sometimes.  So, getting on to the logistical part of this post.
  
There will be a few changes made, and I will continue to keep you all updated as I make them final.  The main change for me is going to be my style.  That may seem odd to share, and I don't mean to say I am going to completely change what I do, but to be honest, I feel like I have let my style take a back seat to just getting the work done, if that makes sense.  I feel like I have lost a lot of that "artistic freedom" I mentioned earlier and frankly I have become much less artistic than I would like.  When I first started in this endeavor, I was excited to find the different angles and unique styles, locations, etc to make my pictures really unique. Photography isn't really my occupation; that is being a mother, and I am not real excited about leaving my kiddos at home while I go out to have what I would consider a "Penny's shoot."  No personal offense to JC Penny's or anyone who likes that style, that's just not my style at all!  I really want to, and intend to get back to what I really wanted to do in the first place.  I know there are lots of other photographers out there who do a really great job so I figure, why shouldn't I stick to my very own style that I love?  So, all that being said, I don't even know exactly what that is going to look like yet but I would like to get a little more outside the box! 
 
There are also going to be a couple more changes, such as price and scheduling changes, packages available, and possibly a new website.  I will keep you up to speed with all of these changes when they become official.  For now, I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on with me and where I will be headed this year.  I will start booking for April 2010 on, on MARCH 1st, so if you have been looking to get in make sure to mark that day.  Last year when I re-opened on July 1st, I was nearly booked through the end of the year by about 9AM that morning!  

Thanks to you all for your support  this past year!  I was really blown away by you guys and I am so thankful for you all!  I look forward to this year and this new season!  Lord bless you guys!!

No comments: